Thank you for your interest in becoming a Foster Parent!
Our organization is often in need for foster homes.
The Foster Care program exists to help animals that have already been surrendered for adoption. If you have a personal pet that you cannot keep for a period of time because of a personal problem, please look into local boarding/daycare facilities.
Temporary homes are needed for the following types of animals and situations:
- Mama dogs with puppies too young to be placed for adoption.
- Orphan puppies, without a mama, in need of bottle-feeding. (We supply the milk replacement formula).
- Puppies who are beyond bottle feeding, but still need several weeks in a home before they are old enough to be placed in adoptions.
- Sick or injured animals dogs that need time to rest and receive medication in a home.
- Foster homes are also needed for adult dogs that need socializing. Sometimes these animals are just cage-shy and don’t show well at the pound. Other animals become depressed from being at the shelter and stop eating. These pets need lots of TLC in a loving home!
- In the event the pound cages are full but still have dogs to shelter.
- Medicine will always be supplied for sick animals.
- Puppy milk replacement formula will be provided for orphaned babies without a mama.
- We may ask that foster parents provide the food for their foster pets unless otherwise indicated for a sick animal. But, if we have the dog food on hand, we will provide you with the food.
- If you wish to be a foster parent, it is your responsibility to ensure that your own pets are always current on their vaccinations.
- Foster time in homes ranges from 10 days to approximately 2 months but can vary with each situation. We ask that you keep the animal(s) as long as it takes to ensure their good health and adaptability.
If you would like to become a foster parent for one of our animals, fill out our online foster application by clicking on the link below. After you submit the application, you will be contacted by our foster care coordinator.
For more information about becoming a foster parent, please contact us by email or message us on Facebook.
Being a foster parent is fun and rewarding and you are literally a lifesaver!